Last Updated: Aug 17th, 2023
When you use our Services, we may collect, store, and process various kinds of data, including personal information about you. â€śPersonal informationâ€ť refers to information about you that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, or transaction information.
We collect and maintain the following information about you:
- Contact information;
- Demographic information;
- Education history;
- Testing history;
- Other personal information provided by you as part of your application;
- Personal financial information;
- Family information; and
- Payment information
- Letters of Recommendation
Alumni, Student Family Members, and Donors
- Contact information;
- Demographic information;
- Education history;
- Employment information;
- University or other affiliations;
- Family information;
- Financial information;
- Contribution history;
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us; and
- Your image, if you participate in University events that are recorded.
When you visit the Site, we may collect, store, and process various kinds of data, including personal information about you. Specifically, we may collect, store, and process information when you:
- Submit a form on the Site;
- Contact us with inquiries, including via email;
- Subscribe to our newsletter or otherwise sign up to receive communications; or
- Voluntarily provide information.
Why We Collect Information and our Legal Basis
We use your information to:
- Deliver and administer your education, including recording details of your studies;
- Administer the financial aspects of your relationship with us;
- Enable your participation at various events;
- Communicate with you;
- Operate security, governance, and disciplinary processes;
- Fulfil our legal obligations;
- Review and process applications;
- Request gifts or donations;
- Provide opportunities to connect you with the University community;
- Present our Services to you;
- Personalize and improve your Site experience;
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Services;
- Perform analytics to learn about the behavior of our Service users; or
- Send periodic emails relating to occasional University news, updates, or related information;
The University will process your personal information for a range of contractual, statutory, University, or public interest purposes. We may also process your personal information for your legitimate interests.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
There are various types of cookies, including:
- Third-Party Cookies, which are placed by a domain other than that of the website you are visiting;
- Session Cookies, which are temporary and link the actions of the user during the specific browser session. Once you close the browser, the cookie is deleted; and
- Permanent or Persistent Cookies, which are stored for a specific period of time and activates each time the user visits the website that created the cookie.
We use third-party, session, and persistent cookies and Tracking Technologies to collect information about Site usage and to help us remember you when you visit the Site. For more information about cookies, please visit .
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Communications. We may use your personal information, like name, address, and email, for internal marketing as well as to respond to your inquiry, complete a transaction, or fulfill other forms of support. You can choose not to receive any marketing communications from us by â€śunsubscribingâ€ť using the instructions in any marketing communication you receive from us.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to improve our Siteâ€™s functions. You can choose not to be included in Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
â€śDo Not Trackâ€ť Requests
Our Site currently does not respond to â€śdo not trackâ€ť or similar signals.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- With affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support the University;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To enforce any agreement, including any applicable terms of service;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
- To law enforcement and other government authorities such as legislatures, courts, agencies and litigants if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of governmental authorities; (b) comply with legal process; (c) respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) protect the security or integrity of the Servicesâ€™ information systems; and/or (e) exercise or protect our rights, privacy, safety or those of affiliates, clients, you or others; and
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the University or others.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
To protect your personal information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your information to our Platform thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Third-Party Websites and Social Media
Our Site may contain links to other websites or applications, including those of third parties or partners. While we seek to link only to websites or applications that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites or applications use. By accessing other third-party websites or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites and applications. It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Site.
Personal information provided to us by users outside of the United States may be transferred to other countries such as the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those of your home country. By providing us with your information you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to the U.S. and processed on servers in the U.S. However, all reasonable steps will be taken to protect your privacy in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- Right of Access. You may request details of your personal information that we hold. We will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and we will disclose supplementary information including the categories of personal information, the sources from which it originated, the purpose and legal basis for the processing, the expected retention period, and the safeguards regarding personal information transfers to non-EEA countries, subject to the limitations set out in applicable statutes, regulations and other laws.
- Right of Correction. We will comply with your request to edit and update incorrect personal information promptly.
- Right to Be Forgotten. At your request, we will delete your personal information promptly if:
- It is no longer necessary to retain your personal information;
- You withdraw the consent which formed the basis of your personal information processing;
- You object to the processing of your personal information and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for such processing;
- The personal information was processed illegally; or
- The personal information must be deleted for us to comply with our legal obligations.
We will inform any third parties we might have shared your personal information with of your deletion request. We will decline your request for deletion if processing of your personal information is necessary:
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- In pursuit of a legal action;
- To detect and monitor fraud; or
- For the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Right to Restrict Processing. At your request, we will limit the processing of your personal information if:
- You dispute the accuracy of your personal information;
- Your personal information was processed unlawfully and you request a limitation on processing, rather than the deletion of your personal information;
- We no longer need to process your personal information, but you require your personal information in connection with a legal claim; or
- You object to the processing pending verification as to whether an overriding legitimate ground for such processing exists.
- Right to Data Portability. At your request, we will provide you, free of charge, your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, if: (i) you provided us with personal information; (ii) the processing of your personal information is based on your consent or required for the performance of a contract; or (iii) the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Object. Where we process your personal information based upon our legitimate interest, then you have the right to object to this processing.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Decisions Based Solely on Automated Processing. You will not be subject to decisions with a legal or similarly significant effect (including profiling) that are based solely on the automated processing of your personal information, unless you have given us your explicit consent or where they are necessary for a contract with us.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw any consent you may have previously given us at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our collecting, using and sharing of your personal information up to the point in time that you withdraw your consent. Even if you withdraw your consent, we may still use your information that has been fully anonymized and does not personally identify you.
- Right to File a Complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to complain to or seek advice from a supervisory authority and/or bring a claim against us in any court of competent jurisdiction.
In so far as it is practicable, we will notify you of any correction, deletion, and/or limitation on processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise one of your rights above, please email us at InfoSec@Bryant.edu. We will respond to your written request without unreasonable delay and in accordance with any deadlines imposed by law. Unless we notify you at the time of your request, we will not charge you any fee in connection with the exercise of your rights.
Californiaâ€™s â€śShine the Lightâ€ť law (Civil Code Section Â§ 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to InfoSec@Bryant.edu.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verifiable parental consent, please contact us at InfoSec@Bryant.edu.
We keep your personal information for as long as needed to fulfill the particular purpose for which it was collected. We may also retain your records if legally required to fulfill a legitimate interest.
Review and Correction of Your Information